- ISO 14001 is the leading international management systems standard for environmental performance
- Damien Hancox, CEO, says certification demonstrates Company’s commitment to sustainability and responsible environmental management
London – SpectrumX, a UK-based healthcare and pharmaceutical company, today announces that it has received International Organisation for Standards (ISO) 14001 certification for the manufacture of its hypochlorous acid (HOCl)-based products, which includes a hand sanitiser and body wash. The certification confirms that SpectrumX has a certified environmental management system (EMS) in place to monitor and manage its manufacturing and business processes.
In order to achieve the certification, SpectrumX successfully demonstrated how its EMS is implemented in its Knutsford manufacturing plant, its commitment to manage and minimise its impact on the environment, and its commitment to reduce pollution and harm to the environment.
“Taking care of and preventing negative impact on the environment are important challenges facing businesses today and ones we are tackling head on as an organisation,” said Damien Hancox, CEO of Spectrum X. “Achieving ISO 14001 certification demonstrates that SpectrumX is a business that actively works towards reducing our environmental footprint.”
“The ISO14001, in addition to the ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems certification we have already received, opens up SpectrumX’s ability to trade its novel HOCl-based pharmaceutical, biocide and cosmetic products with many public sector organisations who demand these standards from their supply chain,” Hancox added. “As well as being critical to our net zero commitments, achieving the certification was key to the NHS tender process and is therefore a massive milestone for the business.”
From inception, SpectrumX has focused on building a sustainable, environmentally friendly business by:
- Ensuring internal policies and governance drive the achievement of environmental goals;
- Using manufacturing processes which have low energy usage;
- Being in facilities which have the best eco credentials; and
- Partnering with organisations with shared beliefs.
ISO 14001 is the leading international management systems standard for environmental performance. It offers a framework for organisations to demonstrate their continuous commitment to mitigating environmental impact and improving environmental performance.